Friday, January 30, 2009

I can't pretend anymore. I hate my neighborhood. This feeling has been around for a while but I've just been walking by, pretending that if I don't look it will go away, but it just won't. This morning on my way to get coffee it was almost as though it jumped out at me, grabbed my face and said, "Look at me! Look around you!" So I did and I didn't like what I saw. It's not the hipster thing, nor is it the soccer mom thing, it's just... well... everything. It hasn't been the neighborhood I feel in love with for a few years but I kept swearing up and down that I would never leave and I loved it. The truth is, when I walk around these days, I feel like I might as well move to santa monica, or even toluca fucking lake. The homogeny is gross. maybe I'm just not feeling it anymore. Maybe I'm getting old, but I'm over it. 

No comments: