Wednesday, April 7, 2010

cleanse = run on sentance (and incomplete, un drafted post)

I've been on a juice cleanse, otherwise known as a juice fast, which I have just broken with the only-in-an-emergency-if-you-must-so-you-don't-die avocado bit. Not that I was going to die but I sure was peakish. While I hear that's normal and the body is just detoxing, I didn't want to take ymy chances, given the circumstances of my medical sitch. Yeah, I said sitch. Also, I have a terrible disorder called lack of willpower. And extreme dislike of discomfort. You may be familiar with it.
For the last three days, until avocado breakdown, I have had nothing but juice with one smoothie a day. I got sold on this whole cleanse because it seemed easy (ish) and promised more variety than I could whip up by myself supplemented by whole foods carrot juice. There have been major ups and downs and definite periods of wishing, desperately, that I had chosen three days when I wasn't working. In my line of work there is a fair bit of inactivity on a lot of days, which, when fasting, can lead to food obsession. Oh wait, I started with food obsession.... Regardless, it was a good experience.
Today alone I have taken in almost 160 ounces of water. That's a lot of water. I've lost about 5 pounds of what I assume is water weight but what really scares me is what if it's not? What else in my body could weigh 5 pounds?! Don't answer that.

No comments: