Her name was one of the first words to ever come out of my mouth.
Not that it means anything but it means everything to me.
She's solid. A rock. We didn't speak for a long time.
But in many ways we lived parallel lives during those years.
To say that I love her isn't enough.
To say that she's a part of me doesn't describe it.
She's in a hospital so far away.
Not that I could do anything, even if it were next door.
I'm angry.
More angry than at my own circumstance.
I want to punch something someone anyone.
If only that would help.
I can't understand it anymore than anything else.
It hurts more than even I can comprehend.
At night I whisper, "please please be okay."
And I know.
No matter what.
She will be.
it can't be any other way.
No comments:
Post a Comment